Welcome to The Art of Listening, a Podcast about classical music, conducting, composition, the business of music, and how to listen to it all. Each week, conductor, composer, and violinist Gabriel Gordon and a host of featured guests discuss the Art of Listening.
Have you ever found yourself humming a tune in your head? What was it about this tune? Was it simple or complex? Did you hear a single melody or multiple instruments?
In this episode of the Art of Listening, Gabriel Gordon and Jeff Bradbury break down the Art of Memorizing and discuss why some musicians first learn to read music completely from memory and others begin the traditional way through note reading.
Jeff and Gabriel break down their favorite memorizing techniques both as performers and conductors and share some outrageous stories about standing on a podium in front of musicians completely without a score to support them.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share with our audience, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the Art of Listening Newsletter!
By joining the Art of Listening Newsletter you will receive:
- By-monthly updates from Gabriel Gordon about what is new on the Art of Listening YouTube Channel
- Special “Behind the Scenes” access to recording sessions, rehearsals, and more!
- Be the first to access new content produced by Gabriel Gordon each month.
Subscribe to “The Art of Listening”
Follow the Podcast on Social Media
- Website: https://www.GabrielGordon.net
- Twitter: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/Twitter
- Facebook: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/Facebook
- YouTube: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/YouTube
- Instagram: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/Instagram