Welcome to The Art of Listening, a Podcast about classical music, conducting, composition, the business of music, and how to listen to it all. Each week, conductor, composer, and violinist Gabriel Gordon and a host of featured guests discuss the Art of Listening.
In today’s episode, we take a look at one of the most important topics for any musician… playing in tune.
But what does it mean to be in tune?
To answer today’s question, we first need to understand notes, notation, and key signatures and where these concepts come from.
We then break down the concept of Perfect Pitch and share stories of how you can develop a musical ear no matter if you play an instrument or not.
Finally, we break down various aspects of intonation, tunings, and how you can teach yourself to play in tune if you are an aspiring musician.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share with our audience, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the Art of Listening Newsletter!
By joining the Art of Listening Newsletter you will receive:
- By-monthly updates from Gabriel Gordon about what is new on the Art of Listening YouTube Channel
- Special “Behind the Scenes” access to recording sessions, rehearsals, and more!
- Be the first to access new content produced by Gabriel Gordon each month.
Subscribe to “The Art of Listening”
Follow the Podcast on Social Media
- Website: https://www.GabrielGordon.net
- Twitter: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/Twitter
- Facebook: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/Facebook
- YouTube: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/YouTube
- Instagram: https://www.GabrielGordon.net/Instagram